More efficient than the lab
Results in 5 minutes
Small fingerstick(5?L) blood sample
Easy to use
99% lab accuracy*
National Glycohemoglobin Standardization Program certified
- Patients who get immediate feedback may lower their A1c by up to 1%
- Lowering A1c levels reduces the risks of long term complications.
- HBA1c Testing Motivates Patients to Change!
- Lowering A1c 1 point reduces risk of complications by 40%
- What is your quality of life number?
Bayer’s A1CNow SELFCHECK provides you a simple way to know how well you are doing with your diabetes, so you can be in better control. When it comes to controlling your diabetes, knowledge is power. And, knowing your A1C number (2-3 month indication of average blood glucose) is critical. Why? Because even small changes in your A1C can mean big changes in your risk for serious complications.
- Do you know your Quality of Life Number?
- The A1cNow result is a 90 day average of your blood sugars
- The result tells you if you medications are working or if your are eating properly or exercising enough.
- You don’t have to wait 90 days you can do the test every month
- 50% of the result comes from the last 30 days.s
This is a reproduction of a book published before 1923. This book may have occasional imperfections
such as missing or blurred pages, poor pictures, errant marks, etc. that were either part of the original artifact,
or were introduced by the scanning process. We believe this work is culturally important, and despite the imperfections,
have elected to bring it back into print as part of our continuing commitment to the preservation of printed works
worldwide. We appreciate your understanding of the imperfections in the preservation process, and hope you enjoy this valuable book.
The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to ensure edition identification:
Diabetes Mellitus: A Synopsis Of Its Pathology, Physiology, Etiology, Incipient And Progressive Symptoms, Causes Of Death, Sugar Tests, And Treatment
Harvey John Philpot
Low, Marston, Searle & Rivington, 1884
A1CNow SELFCHECK.At-home results in 5 minutes, 2-3 month indication of average blood glucose, Small blood sample, Lab accurate.This test is for home use monitoring of glycemic control in patients with diabetes.The percent of A1C in your blood today tells you how well you have been controlling your glucose levels over the past 2-3 months. About 50% of the A1C result is from the past 30 days of glucose levels; about 25% is from the past 30-60 days and about 25% is from the past 60-90 days.
- A1CNow SELFCHECK.At-home results in 5 minutes, 2-3 month indication of average blood glucose, Small blood sample, Lab accurate.
- This test is for home use monitoring of glycemic control in patients with diabetes.The percent of A1C in your blood today tells you how well you have been controlling your glucose levels over the past 2-3 months. About 50% of the A1C result is from the past 30 days of glucose levels; about 25% is from the past 30-60 days and about 25% is from the past 60-90 days.
- What does your A1C Number Mean.A1C measures your average blood glucose level over the past 2-3 months, For most people with diabetes, the American Diabetes Association (ADA) recommends that your A1C should be under 7%.
- One point reduction in your A1C reduces risk of serious complications by 40%, Remember that your A1C is your big picture” measurement. Don’t use it for short-term daily blood glucose measuremen, If you have any questions about your A1C results, please contact your doctor or healthcare provider. Do not adjust your medication unless instructed to do so by your doctor or healthcare provider.
- The A1CNow SELFCHECK test is an easy-to-use test to measure your A1C levels at home. By measuring your levels at home, you can be better informed in-between your doctor visits and feel more in control of your diabetes.2 Test Kit.This kit contains:1 A1CNow SELFCHECK Monitor, 2 Single-Use Cartridges, 2 Shaker Pouches, Each containing 1 shaker, 1 blood collector, 1 disposable lancet, 1 Extra Lancet, 1 Quick Reference Guide, 1 Instructional DVD, 1 Overview and Helpful Hints.
A Visual Reagent Strip Test for Both Urine Glucose and Ketone
Keto-Diastix® Reagent Strips provide a fast, convenient way of testing urine for the presence and concentration of glucose and ketone (acetoacetic acid). Acetoacetic acid can be found in the urine from persons with diabetes and is more commonly referred to as a “ketone body.” When dipped in urine, these test areas change color according to the amount of glucose and ketone in the urine. Use of Keto-Diastix Reagent Strips can alert you and your doctor to changes in your condition for which adjustments in your diet and/or medication may be needed. Carefully follow the testing schedule your doctor or diabetes educator establishes.
- For In Vitro Diagnostic Use
- Intended for use in the U.S.A.
Ketone: 7.1% w/w/ sodium nitroprusside; 92.9% w/w/ buffer.
Glucose: 2.2% w/w glucose oxidase (microbial, 1.3 IU); 1.0% w/w/ peroxidase (horseradish 3300 IU); 8.1% w/w potassium iodide; 69.8% w/w buffer; 18.9% w/w nonreactive ingredients.
Questions? Toll Free 1-800-348-8100.
- Visual reagent strip test for both urine glucose and ketone
- Provides fast, convenient way of testing urine for the presence and concentration of glucose and ketone
- Alerts you and your doctor to changes in your condition for which adjustments in your diet and/or medication may be needed
Two TestsBecause Good Health Begins at HomeDiabetes Health ScreenStore in cool, dry place. Glucose is not normally found in the urine; however, very small amounts may be found after the ingestion of large amounts of sweets. In most cases, any glucose found in a random urine sample should be investigated. Glucose in the urine is a warning signal for diabetes. There is also a serious condition, known as Low Renal Threshold, in which the kidneys allow glucose to be excreted. Any amount of glucose detected in the urine should be reported to your doctor or health care provider. Tests and test results are for informational purposes only and are not intended to monitor, treat or diagnose any disease. These urine reagent strips are not diagnostic tools but are used to detect levels of specific parameters. The detection of these parameters in the urine, and the levels thereof may indicative of an abnormality or infection. ALWAYS rely upon your doctor or health care professional to detect, diagnose and treat any infection or abnormality. If results are unexpected, contact your health care provider.
Diabetes mellitus is a disease that is rapidly increasing in prevalence worldwide, particularly in Canada and the United States. One of the most common complications for all types of diabetes mellitus is diabetic retinopathy, a disease that is currently the leading cause of blindness among adults in the United States and Canada. It is estimated that at least 40% of Americans and Canadians with diabetes mellitus have some clinically detectable form of diabetic retinopathy, and statistics are similar worldwide. This invaluable book contains all the information you need to know about the causes, tests and treatment options available to combat this sight-threatening disorder.