The Chia Seed is an amazing food. For centuries many have used the seeds for a host of different reasons. Native Americans would take a pouch of seeds and a gourd of water on their trips. The seeds were their food source and taken with the water they would hydrate their bodies for endurance. When you hydrate the seeds in water the seeds shell opens up and absorbs up to nine times its volume in water. This then forms a gel, which is called Chia Seed Gel. The gel helps keep your body hydrated. The gel is also 90% soluble fiber, which is beneficial for your digestive track. People use the seeds when they are involved in sports or physical activities for endurance.
- The Chia Seed is a is very nutritious specialty food item
- The seed when taken with water would hydrate the body, release energy slowly and would enhance overall endurance
- The seeds have five times the calcium of milk, omega 3 and omega 6 which are essential oils required by the body
- Very helpful for people who have trouble controlling their sugar levels like diabetics
- When added to any food or drink, expands to 75% of the volume of food or drink forming a gel like composition without changing the taste of the drink