A born food-lover, raised in California on “the best Mexican food in the country” and her father’s “traditional Southern soul food,” Alicia C. Simpson couldn’t imagine giving up her favorite dishes to become vegan. Animal-free food might be healthier, but could it match the tastes of home—like fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, or a bowl of chili? Three years after Alicia took the vegan plunge, Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food answers that question with a resounding “yes!”
Here is the essential cookbook for any of America’s more than 6 million vegans who miss the down-home tastes they remember (or want to try), or for vegetarians and even meat-eaters who want to add more plant-based foods to their diets, but don’t know where to start. Comfort-seeking cooks will find:
- Easy-to-prepare, animal-free versions of classics like Spicy Buffalo Bites, Ultimate Nachos, Baked Ziti and more
- 65 delicious combinations for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with flavors from around the world, like “Chinese Take-In” or “Tijuana Torpedo”
- Everything you need to know to start your vegan pantry, and why being vegan is easier, less expensive, and more delicious than you might think.
With spirit and style, Alicia shows just how easy—yes, and comforting—vegan food can be.
An updated new edition of the bestselling diabetes cookbook from Betty Crocker and the International Diabetes Center
Here’s a fresh new edition of the cookbook that proves that people who have diabetes don’t have to give up the foods they love and, in fact, can eat incredibly satisfying food every day, for every meal. The Betty Crocker Diabetes Cookbook delivers delicious and healthful recipes for diabetics, along with the latest medical and nutrition information from the International Diabetes Center.
This new edition includes brand-new recipes and photos, along with tips and menus that focus on using carbohydrate choices. Plus, an easy-to-understand introductory section provides helpful insight and vital guidance for those with diabetes.
- Features 140 quick, easy-to-make, and delicious recipes for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, and more
- Includes 40 recipes and full-color photos all new to this edition, including gluten-free dishes and fun items like mini cupcakes
- Includes menus for a variety of special occasions plus a sampling of everyday menus with carbohydrate counts included
With the Betty Crocker Diabetes Cookbook, great-tasting meals are never off-limits for people with diabetes.