• Are you constantly exhausted?
• Do you frequently feel sick?
• Are you hot when others are cold, or cold when everyone else is warm?
• Do you have trouble thinking clearly, aka “brain fog”?
• Do you often feel irritable?
• Are you experiencing hair loss, dry skin, or unexplained weight fluctuation?
• Do your joints ache or swell but you don’t know why?
• Do you have an overall sense of not feeling your best, but it has been going on so long it’s actually normal to you?
IF you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have an autoimmune disease, and this book is the “medicine” you need. Among the most prevalent forms of chronic illness in this country, autoimmune disease affects nearly 23.5 million Americans. This epidemic—a result of the toxins in our diet; exposure to chemicals, heavy metals, and antibiotics; and unprecedented stress levels—has caused millions to suffer from autoimmune conditions such as Graves’ disease, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, celiac disease, lupus, and more. In The Immune System Recovery Plan, Dr. Susan Blum, one of the most sought-after experts in the field of functional medicine, shares the four-step program she used to treat her own serious autoimmune condition and help countless patients reverse their symptoms, heal their immune systems, and prevent future illness.
DR. BLUM’S INNOVATIVE METHOD FOCUSES ON:
• Using food as medicine
• Understanding the stress connection
• Healing your gut and digestive system
• Optimizing liver function
Each of these sections includes an interactive workbook to help you determine and create your own personal treatment program. Also included are recipes for simple, easy-to-prepare dishes to jump-start the healing process.
The Immune System Recovery Plan is a revolutionary way for people to balance their immune systems, transform their health, and live fuller, happier lives.
This digital document is an article from Mississippi Business Journal, published by Dolan Media Company on April 20, 2009. The length of the article is 957 words. The page length shown above is based on a typical 300-word page. The article is delivered in HTML format and is available immediately after purchase. You can view it with any web browser.
Title: $757 million: obesity-related illnesses are a major burden on Mississippi: doctors at new obesity and diabetes research center lead assault on states no. 1 killer.(SPECIAL REPORT: MISSISSIPPI’S BATTLE OF THE BULGE)
Author: Clay Chandler
Publication: Mississippi Business Journal (Magazine/Journal)
Date: April 20, 2009
Publisher: Dolan Media Company
Volume: 31 Issue: 16 Page: B2(3)
Distributed by Gale, a part of Cengage Learning
Suntheanine l-theanine contains 100% suntheanine, a patented pure form of the amino acid l-theanine produced in japan from green tea leaves. this award-winning brand of theanine has been the subject of numerous safety studies and human clinical trials. one of green tea’s natural health-promoting compounds, l-theanine (y-glutamylethylamide) is synthesized in the roots of tea plants and transported to the leaves, comprising about 2% of the total dry weight of green tea leaves. it is the ingredient that is responsible for both the taste and the relaxing effects of green tea. research shows that supplemental l-theanine crosses the blood-brain barrier within 30 minutes of intake and thus is able to exert its effects directly on the brain.
- Contains 100% suntheanine, a patented pure form of the amino acid l-theanine
- Produced in japan from green tea leaves
- With the taste and the relaxing effects of green tea
- Comprising about 2% of the total dry weight of green tea leaves
Slow Healing & Open Wounds, Bed Sores Bandages
Super Absorbent Extra Large Pads
Non stick gauze cushioned pad
Soft feel bandage
Ultra-Flex™ (hydrocolloid) cushioned pad
Dissolve away adhesive
No tearing of skin
(10) sterile latex & gluten free bandages
(4) 4″ x 3″
(6) 3″ x 2.5″
1 Aloe bandage removal spray
Heal Well ~ Feel Well™
Change bandage daily or more often as needed.
Keep bandage dry until ready to remove. Product not waterproof.
Maximum comfort, premium super absorbent gauze cushion has a film layer to repel dirt and germs. The sterile water and 20% Aloe Vera enriched removal spray helps heal the wound site and surrounding skin covered by the bandage. Water soluble adhesive is designed to protect skin. This system assures safe removal, while adding moisture into your fragile skin.
Protect your skin… Make the Smart Choice!
Hospital Quality without a Doctors Prescription
Breathable membrane is dirt and germ proof
Sterile Water and 20% Aloe Vera removal spray dissolves adhesive so you can lift off bandage without tearing your skin
DISSOLV AWAY™ adhesive, super absorbent hydrocolloid pad and bandage fabric are specifically designed for skin which is tender, fragile, easily bruises or frays. This system is recommended for slow healing diabetic ulcers, bed sores, chronic weeping and open wounds.
The best choice for encouraging healthy glucose metabolism. It contains vitamin E, chromium, magnesium, vitamin B-6, gymnema sylvestre standardized to 25% gymnemic acid, a 4:1 fenugreek extract and more.
- A comprehensive nutritional support formula
- Features guaranteed potency gymnema sylvestre, standardized to 25% gymnemic acid and a 4:1 fenugreek extract
- Vegetarian formula
Alpha-Lipoic acid is a sulfur-containing fatty acid that performs vitamin-like roles in the body. Also known as lipoic acid (LA) or thioctic acid, it functions as a coenzyme in the metabolism of carbohydrates, and is in this way similar to B-complex vitamins. LA is required for synthesis of acetyl CoA, a key metabolite in the cellular process that turns glucose (blood sugar) into energy. Because the body produces LA on its own, it is not classified as a true vitamin. As with other so-called “non-essential” nutrients, however, internal LA production may not always be optimal. Alpha-lipoic acid functions as both a water-soluble and fat-soluble antioxidant. Free radicals are normal by=products of metabolism that, while necessary at normal levels, may damage tissue over time if not properly kept in check by antioxidants. Lipoic acid’s ability to neutralize free radicals in both watery and fatty environments makes it a highly versatile antioxidant. In the body, alpha-lipoic acid can be converted (reduced) to DHLA, or dihydrolipoic acid, a potent mitochondrial antioxidant. It is not necessary to take DHLA as a supplement, as the body may readily convert LA to DHLA.
- Defends against free radicals
- Recycles antioxidant nutrients such as vitamin C and vitamin E
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar level when used as part of the die
- Beneficial agent for a variety of bodily functions involving the nervous, cardiovascular, immune, and detoxification systems
- It is produced in small amounts in the liver and other body tissues
- It acts by multiple mechanisms and displays diverse health-enhancing and antioxidant properties
title change: The 2005 Doctor’s Pocket Calorie, Fat & Carb Counter with 200 Fast-food restaurants
Healthy You, Healthy Baby: A mother’s guide to gestational diabetes empowers women with the information they need to ensure that gestational diabetes will not adversely affect their pregnancy or baby in the future.
Health You, Healthy Baby diffuses the fear and concern women experience when diagnosed with gestational diabetes and inspires them to make life-affirming choices both for themselves and their children. It is simple, concise, and friendly, with beautiful photography, attractive format and reassuring vignettes.
Healthy You, Healthy Baby will give you information on:
• How to manage your food and specifics on how to balance your diet
• Checking your blood glucose levels and strategies for keeping them normal
• Helpful hints on supplements, exercise and lifestyle
• Tips on managing salty and sweet cravings
Don’t miss out on this cutting edge and first of a kind guidebook on gestational diabetes endorsed by the Harvard School of Public Health’s chair Michelle Williams.
1. Rapid Pain Relief. 2. Rapid Flushing of Infection from chronic and acute wounds. 3. Rapid formation of granulation tissue and filling of defects. 4. Rapid odor elimination in 12 hours or less. Wound will become rapidly free of pus and odor, if any is present. 5. Rapid decrease in inflammation and erythema (swelling & redness). 6. Bacterialcidal activity against a broad range of microorganisms, including resistant bacteria (i.e. MRSA, VRE, Pseudomonas, e. Coli, Streptococcus), viruses & fungi. Results in a rapid elimination / reduction of bacterial, viral and fungal contamination. 7. Rapid auto-debriding (removal) of wound eschar (dry, hard, dead tissue). 8. No drug interactions. Compatible with all medications. 9. Rapidly pulls out Osteomyelitis in exposed bone. 10. Requirement for skin grafting is eliminated, even with large areas of tissue damage. This will be a result of natural skin island formation on the healthy granulation tissue with subsequent covering by epithelium. 11. The Wounds heal without a scab – from the outside, in – and from the bottom, up. Edges of wound will “feel” and appear to be “pulling” together. 12. Minimal or no major scarring. Very few Keloids, even in dark skin. 13. Relatively painless therapy due to the water solubility of the product. This results in non-adherence of the dressings to the wound with subsequent decreased requirements for analgesia. 14. Purest Natural and highest grade USP Ingredients. 15. There is NO need for enzymatic wound debriders, wound cleansers, hydrogen peroxide, etc., and they should not be used. Clean Water and/or Normal Saline are only recommended during dressing changes, which has the added benefit of saving more money. 16. Decreased overall morbidity and mortality. 17. Reduced Hospital / Insurance / Home cost for wound, burn and ulcer care secondary to reduced healing times and consolidation of many products into one – this is a time saving and very cost efficient product!
- Pressure Bed Sores | Diabetic Leg & Foot Ulcers | FAST SHIPPING | See Before & After Pictures
- Amazing Results You Can See, Smell & Feel | Made in U.S.A. | Guaranteed! | Official World Wide Distributor
- Rapid Pain Relief & Flushing of Infection | Dr. Formulated
- Excellent Adherance to Uneven & Hard to Reach Surfaces | World Class Customer Service! |||| DO NOT USE if you are allergic or sensitive to Iodine, Shellfish or Caine Based Products. (Novocaine, Benzocaine etc.) |||| Read Product Description for More Information Before Ordering
2.5 grams Net Impact Carbs. No artificial sweeteners. No hydrogenated oils. Rated no. 1 in Taste! For Carb Conscious dieters. Carb Facts: Total Carbs 22 g; Minus Fiber, Glycerine and Maltitol 19.5 g = Net Impact Carbs 2.5 g. For Carb Conscious Dieters: This bar contains 2.5 g of carbs (Net Impact Carbs) that should be counted towards your daily carbohydrates intake. Net Impact Carbs include only those carbs that cause a noted impact on blood sugar. Fiber and Sugar Alc. (glycerine and maltitol) are excluded. Just because you’re on a low carbohydrate diet, doesn’t mean you have to lower your standards. With Doctor’s CarbRite Diet Bars, you can have a bar you really enjoy, one that’s full of flavor. The Doctor’s CarbRite Bar will satisfy even the most demanding sweet tooth. So if you are sick of low carb bars that taste like cardboard, we recommend the Doctor’s CarbRite Diet Bar. No prescription needed! Aside from conventional carbs, there’s another class of unconventional carbs called polyols or sugar alcohols. Not truly a carb, these nutrients are commonly found in sugar-free foods to impart sweetness and texture. Nutrients such as maltitol and glycerine, do not cause a significant rise in insulin levels because the body has a hard time absorbing them. This is good because low carb dieting is all about controlling insulin, the hormone which triggers fat storage. Our products all have very low levels of net impact carbs and are therefore perfect for a low carb dieter like you. High in protein. Sugar free. No hydrogenated oils/ trans fat. No artificial sweeteners. No preservatives. Gluten-free.
- For Carb Conscious dieters
- No artificial sweeteners, no hydrogenated oils
- Sugar free, Gluten-free
- High in protein
This digital document is an article from Internal Medicine News, published by Thomson Gale on October 15, 2006. The length of the article is 664 words. The page length shown above is based on a typical 300-word page. The article is delivered in HTML format and is available in your Amazon.com Digital Locker immediately after purchase. You can view it with any web browser.
Title: Doctors voice concerns about diabetes education.(News)
Author: Betsy Bates
Publication: Internal Medicine News (Magazine/Journal)
Date: October 15, 2006
Publisher: Thomson Gale
Volume: 39 Issue: 20 Page: 5(1)
Distributed by Thomson Gale
This groundbreaking plan teaches readers to outsmart blood sugar spikes so they can eat the carbs they love and still lose weight.Starches are one of the biggest culprits when it comes to the nation’s weight problems. Starches spike blood sugar levels, which can make losing weight nearly impossible. Unfortunately, many of favorite foods—pasta, bread, rice—are the worst offenders. But who wants to cut out these delicious dishes and feel deprived?By focusing on certain foods that slow the effect of starches on blood sugar, The Sugar Blockers Diet
offers a smart eating strategy that can be maintained for life. These foods, called sugar blockers, include all kinds of everyday foods from steak or cheese to vinaigrette or a glass of wine. Learning how to include these foods at every meal will not only help readers lose weight, but also help them reverse insulin resistance and defend against diabetes. In addition to a robust list of sugar blocking foods and strategies, the book includes:
- more than 50 tantalizing, nutrient-rich recipes
- an easy, fun walking plan proven to balance blood sugar and help the pounds melt away
- a proven plan on which real men and women lost up to 18½ pounds and 9¼ inches in just 6 short weeks
Extra Rich & Fudgy Brownie Mix is the most delicious sugar-free brownie mix available for those individuals looking to add more protein to their diets. These healthful brownies are easy to make and only require an additional 3 large eggs, 1/2 cup of softe
- Sugar Free
- No Artificial Sweeteners
- No Trans Fat
- 1.5 Net Carbs Per Brownie
National Health Information Awards Winner. The Doctors Pocket Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter. is a masterpiece of research and painstaking study. Its easily the most extensive with over 11,000 food listings and over 80 fast-food restaurant chains (full analysis). The book is supported by www.calorieking.com a free information service for new food product data. Extra bonus diet guides and counters cover diabetes, high blood pressure and sodium, caffeine, alcohol, osteoporosis and calcium, fiber, protein and iron. The new 1999 edition is in full color and diet guide sections are illustrated. by Allan Borushek Ingredients: Book
Brother-and-sister team Joseph D’Amore – doctor and cook – and Lisa D’Amore-Miller – chef and nutrition expert – have the medical knowledge and cooking expertise to make good food and great health a reality in your life. With these 133 quick, easy, and flavorful recipes, you’ll be treating yourself with taste and wholesome nutrition.
Benfotiamine (s-benzoylthiamine-o-monophosphate) is a synthetic derivative of thiamin, belonging to the family of compounds knows as “allithiamines.” benfotiamine is fat-soluble and more bioavailable and physiologically active than thiamin. benfotiamine raises the blood level of thiamin pyrophosphate (tpp), the biologically active co-enzyme of thiamin, and stimulates transkotelase, a cellular enzyme essential for maintenance of normal glucose metabolic pathways.
- Synthetic derivative of thiamin
- Is fat-soluble and more bioavailable and physiologically active than thiamin
- Stimulates transkotelase, a cellular enzyme essential for maintenance of normal glucose metabolic pathways
Best cinnamon extract is cinnulin pf a patented, water extract of cinnamon that contains type-a polymers. cinnulin pf is a registered trademark of integrity nutraceuticals international and is manufactured under us patent #6,200,569.
- Science-based nutrition
- Dietary supplement
- Use as part of your diet to help maintain a healthy blood sugar level