Lowering then balancing your blood sugar is extremely important to avoid a host of conditions including insulin resistance, the precursor to diabetes. Learn the foundation your body needs to promote balanced blood sugar as well as lowering blood sugar with the right sweets to eat, food combinations, super foods that over perform, natural supplements and secret weapons. Provides the simple facts and links to resources to get you started immediately with your blood sugar balancing.
The nutritional author, Russell Eaton, explodes the myth that fruit juice (however natural and fresh) is somehow healthy. The human species has evolved over millions of years to consume (among other things) small amounts of whole fruit – never fruit juice. It is only in the last few decades that fruit juice has become a staple in the human diet.
Marketing efforts have effectively brain-washed us into believing that fresh (or packaged) fruit juice is a nutritious and health-promoting drink. Nothing could be further from the truth. In “Why you must avoid fruit juice” you will discover the latest scientific evidence showing that all kinds of fruit juice without exception should and must be avoided for the sake of your health.
Here are just some of the things you will discover in “Why you must avoid fruit juice”:
• Exactly why the body treats fruit juice so differently to whole fruit – discover the astonishing fact that fructose in fruit juice is digested (metabolized) completely differently to the fructose in whole fruit.
• Why scientific research is increasingly showing that the high concentrations of fructose in fruit juice are akin to poison in terms of your health.
• How fruit juice devastates your good health and exactly how it causes many types of serious illness.
• Why fruit juice is the world’s biggest dietary cause of obesity.
• Why fruit juice is as harmful as consuming alcohol and much more harmful than any fizzy cola or sweetened soda drink.
• Discover the perfect sugar substitutes that protect your health and those that you must avoid.
• The healthiest drink known to man (or woman) – full of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, soluble fibre, and more. Make this super-charged drink at minimal cost, quickly and easily.
• Everything in ‘Why You Must Avoid Fruit Juice’ is fully backed up by the latest peer-reviewed research published in scientific and medical journals.
There is a big biological difference between the way the human body digests fruit juice and the way it digests fresh whole fruit. A regular modest consumption of fresh whole fruit is excellent and indeed essential for good health. But fruit juice is so bad for health that it far outweighs any benefits derived from any nutritional content of the juice. The regular consumption of fruit juice not only causes obesity but can also be a major factor in many diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer and osteoporosis, to name but a few.
• “Fructose is poison, out and out, and it is every bit a poison in excessive quantities as is alcohol. It’s metabolized exactly the same way as alcohol, and it’s what’s giving even children fatty liver disease, a precursor to cirrhosis.” (Source: Dr. Robert Lustig, an eminent authority on fructose, and a Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco, USA).
In this life-saving book you will also discover:
• Why fruit juice is so bad for children of all ages and why they must never drink fruit juice.
• How ‘estrogen dominance’ (hormone disruption) is caused by fruit juice. Estrogen dominance is a modern-day plague that afflicts many people worldwide (men and women).
• Why fruit juice, along with alcohol, is the biggest cause of cirrhosis of the liver (caused by the build up of triglycerides in liver cells).
• How fruit juice causes premature aging more than anything else in the diet.
• Why Fruit juice, more than just about anything else, greatly increases the risk of osteoporosis.
Whether or not you drink fruit juice, the book “Why you must avoid fruit juice” is an absolute must-have for anybody who wants to stay healthy, lose surplus body fat, and enjoy exuberant well-being.
The nominal cost of this book will be recovered many times over the moment you give up fruit juice and start experiencing a dramatic improvement in your health.
This digital document is an article from Focus on Healthy Aging, published by Belvoir Media Group, LLC on April 1, 2008. The length of the article is 876 words. The page length shown above is based on a typical 300-word page. The article is delivered in HTML format and is available immediately after purchase. You can view it with any web browser.
Title: Choosing a home glucose meter: finding one with the right features to meet your needs and lifestyle can help you manage your diabetes and avoid complications.(CONSUMER WATCH)
Publication: Focus on Healthy Aging (Magazine/Journal)
Date: April 1, 2008
Publisher: Belvoir Media Group, LLC
Volume: 11 Issue: 4 Page: 4(1)
Distributed by Gale, a part of Cengage Learning
We often hear the word diabetes but do you really know what is it?
Diabetes starts growing on the early 20’s and as the year passes we can no longer control its fast growing among the society. During 2000 economy starts to grow more, numbers of investors, businessman, new established companies leads to somewhat forgot ourselves. People preferred to work early and end their shift at very late time, because of this fast tract life people also make them avail non healthy foods. They also find less time for exercise that’s why more people are becoming obese.
Diabetes Mellitus or most simple referred to as diabetes is a metabolic disease, wherein a person who had it has high blood sugar level, this might because either the body does not produce enough insulin or because the cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. Having high blood sugar produces the classical symptoms of 3 p’s namely polyuria (frequent urination), polydipsia (increases thirst) and polyphagia (increased hunger).
Every year, 7 or 8 of every 1,000 Americans who have diabetes undergo amputation of a foot. The rate may be twice as high in African Americans as in whites and even higher in Hispanic and Native Americans. In all diabetic patients, the rate of amputation increases with age and duration of the disease. Clearly, attentive and rigorous care is needed in these patients. In this article, Dr Muha summarizes risk factors for foot complications and describes comprehensive evaluation of foot ulcers. He also discusses the several objectives of successful treatment (eg, pressure reduction, wound closure) and how to achieve them. Muha J. Local wound care in diabetic foot complications: aggressive risk management and ulcer treatment to avoid amputation.
Original Publication Date: July 1999Every year, 7 or 8 of every 1,000 Americans who have diabetes undergo amputation of a foot. The rate may be twice as high in African Americans as in whites and even higher in Hispanic and Native Americans. In all diabetic patients, the rate of amputation increases with age and duration of the disease. Clearly, attentive and rigorous care is needed in these patients. In this article, Dr Muha summarizes risk factors for foot complications and describes comprehensive evaluation of foot ulcers. He also discusses the several objectives of successful treatment (eg, pressure reduction, wound closure) and how to achieve them. Muha J. Local wound care in diabetic foot complications: aggressive risk management and ulcer treatment to avoid amputation.
Original Publication Date: July 1999
If you’ve been diagnosed with kidney failure, this book could save your life. If you suffer from diabetes, hypertension, obesity, or any of a host of conditions that put you at risk for kidney disease, you owe it to yourself to read what is in this book. If you are among the 60,000 North Americans who go on dialysis each year, the information in this book could substantially improve your quality of life.
In Coping with Kidney Disease, a leading expert tells you, in plain English, what you need to know to:
* Understand kidney failure
* Recognize early warning signs of kidney failure
* Get a proper diagnosis
* Talk with your doctors about it
* Confidently evaluate treatment options
* Take charge of your treatment
* Delay dialysis or even avoid the need for it altogether
The centerpiece of Coping with Kidney Disease is Dr. Walser’s revolutionary 12-step program for avoiding dialysis. Based on treatments he has pioneered with his own patients at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, the program calls for a supplemented low-protein diet supported by treatments to control blood pressure and correct high cholesterol. So effective has this breakthrough strategy proven to be that in many patients it actually worked to slow or arrest the progression of kidney failure to the end stage.
Knowledge is power. Coping with Kidney Disease empowers you with what you need to take charge of kidney disease.